[council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Wed Nov 28 17:04:30 UTC 2007

Well done, Philip.  I support.

Kristina

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council at gnso.icann.org [mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org]
On Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:14 AM
To: 'Council GNSO'
Subject: [council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform

Thank for the dialogue on our statement.
I tend to agree with Chuck in that WGs are such a key part of the BGC
proposals that it will look very odd (and unhelpful for the Board) if we
say nothing.

I believe the problem may be that I constructed our reply to be REACTIVE
to the BGC wording.
What I think we have all been saying is more refined than the BGC text.
So I suggest a simple PROACTIVE statement of what we want (and a removal
of the relevant part of the table under item 3 on working groups).
See attached.

I have also changed to "comment" the title that was previously "partial
support" above the comments we made.

I hope we can all agee to this latest version. I have done my very best
to use the most neutral language and capture the minimal level of
unanimity we have on Council.
If there is support, Glen please submit. I will be out of the office for
the rest of the day / week.

Philip