[council] Considering the work of the Tasting Group

Mike Rodenbaugh mxrodenbaugh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 16:44:54 UTC 2007

I would also like this information requested by Ross, though I do not think it is required before a vote whether to launch a PDP.  Still, if we can have it before next week's meeting, it could be helpful in reaching maximum consensus on next steps.

  I will submit the ad hoc group's report to Council tomorrow as scheduled, and will propose a motion for Council consideration as well.

  Thanks,

  Mike Rodenbaugh

Ross Rader <ross at tucows.com> wrote:

Avri -

In order to properly consider the forthcoming recommendations of the
working group on tasting, I would like to get some further data from
staff as background information.

Specifically, I would like to understand staff experience in enforcing
clause 3.74 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement.

a) How many enforcement cases have been opened related to this clause in
the last 5 years?
b) How were these cases resolved? (identifying information is not
necessary, but specifics would be useful)
c) Does staff view 3.7.4 as an effective hedge against abuse of the AGP,
if so, why? If not, why not?

Would it be possible for you to pass this request along to staff? My
instinct tells me that this is more of an enforcement failure than it is
a policy failure and I'd like to understand this better before I vote on
initiating a PDP.

--
Regards,

Ross Rader