[council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Aug 21 17:50:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

Using the current level of support while working on longer term travel
policy issues is exactly what I am hoping we can achieve with the
procedure i suggested.

I.e.

For non NCA and non-chair  (as Chair is NCA, 10 support slots)

- every Constituency sends the GNSO email list a list with 0-3 names
by Tuesday 26 August.  [ a null list indicates that the constituency
has decided not to request/support travel support for the Cairo
meeting - this does _not_ affect their ability to participate in
future support arrangements or in determining how the support will be
distributed]

- the first name on each constituency list automatically has support
for Cairo.  By the Staff' SO travel policy this includes both ICANN
arranged transportation and per-diem paid after a trip report has been
received by the Staff - requirement added in the FAQ issued today.)

- For names 2 and 3 on the constituency provided lists, the council in
a special meeting on 28 Aug, will determine how to fill any support
slots that remain open after the first names (max of 6) have been
accommodated.

- for names 2-3 on each of the constituency's lists, it is recommended
that a sentence or two be included on the reason/need so that the
council can take this into account in its considerations.

- As per the Staff SO travel policy, constituencies can place names of
council members or other SO members on their list of candidates for
support.

Additionally, NCAs should confirm that they plan to attend the meeting
under the conditions defined in the Staff's rules.

In the meantime, individuals or a drafting team can begin work, in
parallel and in a non-blocking manner, on a statement (or statements)
reflecting GNSO and constituency concerns with the current volunteer
travel policy as defined by the Staff.

thanks

a.