[council] Travel Support for Cairo Meeting

Patrick Jones patrick.jones at icann.org
Wed Aug 27 02:45:10 UTC 2008

At the request of Denise Michel I am sending this note to the Council list. Advisory Committees, Constituencies and Supporting Organizations are in the process of selecting their representatives to the 2009 ICANN Nominating Committee. It is anticipated that the 2009 Nom Com will have a kickoff face-to-face meeting in Cairo following the end of the ICANN meeting. Representatives to the Nom Com will have their transportation reimbursed at economy class, along with hotel costs covered for the Nom Com portion of the meeting (ICANN would cover Thurs 6 Nov through Sat or Sun 8 or 9 Nov depending when the rep departs Cairo). Hotel costs for the other days of the ICANN meeting will have to be covered by the representative or their sending organization.

I understand this may impact Ute Decker, possibly Greg Ruth and one other GNSO Council member. I am sending this along so this can be factored into constituency decision-making.

Patrick

--
Patrick L. Jones
Registry Liaison Manager &