[council] Travel Support for Cairo Meeting

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Aug 27 05:10:33 UTC 2008

Patrick,

Thank you for this notice.

On 26 Aug 2008, at 22:45, Patrick Jones wrote:

> At the request of Denise Michel I am sending this note to the
> Council list. Advisory Committees, Constituencies and Supporting
> Organizations are in the process of selecting their representatives
> to the 2009 ICANN Nominating Committee. It is anticipated that the
> 2009 Nom Com will have a kickoff face-to-face meeting in Cairo
> following the end of the ICANN meeting. Representatives to the Nom
> Com will have their transportation reimbursed at economy class,
> along with hotel costs covered for the Nom Com portion of the
> meeting (ICANN would cover Thurs 6 Nov through Sat or Sun 8 or 9 Nov
> depending when the rep departs Cairo). Hotel costs for the other
> days of the ICANN meeting will have to be covered by the
> representative or their sending organization.

By their sending organization, do you mean their Supporting
Organization?

If I understand the rules of the travel support policy as explained in
the FAQ, we would not be allowed to use any of the budget to cover the
initial hotel nights as SO travel support has been defined as all or
nothing.

Do I understand this correctly?

> I understand this may impact Ute Decker, possibly Greg Ruth and one
> other GNSO Council member. I am sending this along so this can be
> factored into constituency decision-making.
>
> Patrick

Thanks again for the information and please extend our thanks to
Denise for requesting that you send this notice to us.

a.