[council] GNSO Council Restructuring - a wrinkle in the two houses approach

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Mon Dec 8 16:01:01 UTC 2008

> Can you provide an example of a new constituency
> for the contract parties house  (that is not a
> splinter group) ?

Sure. The ISPs could open discussion with ICANN expressing their
interest to be bound to them directly through contract. They would agree
to a minimum set of standards by which they could become or continue to
operate as an ISP. They would also agree to be regulated through the
consensus policy process of the ICANN community. And they would agree to
pay certain and substantial fees based on transactions, or revenue, or
number subscribers, etc.

Then the ISPs could move to the contracted party house. Any other group
not yet a constituency could do the same thing.

Tim