[council] GNSO "Improvements" Top Level Plan

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu May 22 19:36:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

Attached please find a draft of the top level implementation plans for
the GNSO "Improvements" work described in the report of the Board's
Governance Committee WG on GNO Improvements (BGC WG) that is currently
being considered by the ICANN Board.  This  plan attempts to begin the
non controversial work of the BGC WG as requested by the Board in
resolution 2008.02.15.03.

An overview of this plan will be given at our meeting of 29 May,
2008.    Discussion of this plan is scheduled for the open meetings on
21 June and for discussion and decision, if at all possible on, on 25
June.   Of course the more we discuss this on the list, the better off
I believe we will be when it comes time to make a decision.

The initial draft is also being publicly posted so that the
constituencies and community at large have an opportunity to comment.
If, in general the plan turns out to be acceptable to the community
and the GNSO council, we would like to get started with the work at
the end of the Paris Meeting.

As part of your, and your constituencies' review, the planning team
requests that you also begin to think about representatives for the
two standing committees whose charters are described in this
document.  Assuming the council approves the charters, it would be
good to also make the appointments to the standing committees at the
same time so the work can begin.

The document is based on the work in the Socialtext workspace https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/
, however some updating of those wiki pages needs to be done based on
the planning team's last discussions that are reflected in this paper
but which have not yet been back ported to the wiki.  I will let this
list know when the wiki pages are fully updated.

Many thanks to the team for their efforts in putting this together and
for working through differences in order to come to agreement on the
proposal.

a.