[council] Motion re Suspension of Public Comment Periods

Mike Rodenbaugh icann at rodenbaugh.com
Wed Nov 5 06:45:31 UTC 2008

Hi all:  several Councilors would like to introduce and pass this motion
today, whilst we have several different, significant and ongoing public
comment periods.  Therefore I make the motion.

Whereas, ICANN's meetings require the full attention of GNSO Councilors and
many other GNSO participants.

Whereas, ICANN has many ongoing public comment periods of significant
interest to many GNSO Councilors and participants.

Whereas, ICANN's typical comment periods are already difficult for many
members of the ICANN community, particularly those that must consult with
members of their Constituency and/or member organization(s).

RESOLVED:

The GNSO Council strongly urges ICANN Staff to suspend all public comment
periods during the seven days of each ICANN meeting, thereby extending the
length of those pending comment periods by seven days each.

Mike Rodenbaugh

Rodenbaugh Law

PO Box 7775 #55819

San Francisco, CA  94120