[council] Election of GNSO Representatives to the Geo-Region Community Wide WG
Glen de Saint Géry
Glen at icann.org
Thu Nov 27 21:25:36 UTC 2008
Dear Council Members,
The nomination period for two GNSO representatives to the Community-Wide WG on Geographical Regions ends tomorrow Friday, 28 November at 18:00 UTC.
So far we have three nominations:
Olga Cavalli - NCA, GNSO Council,
Eric Brunner-Williams - CTO CORE
Zahid Jamil - CBUC, GNSO Council
Please send any additional nominations, including self-nominations, to the GNSO Secretariat
GNSO.SECRETARIAT at GNSO.ICANN.ORG before 18:00 UTC Friday, 28 November 2008.
The voting process will be initiated on Friday, 28 November 2008 at 20:00 UTC
12:00 noon PST, 15:00 EST, 18:00 Buenos Aires, 21:00 CET, 01:00 Karachi and 07:00 Melbourne on Saturday 29 November.
All personal statements from the candidates will be posted to the Council mail server list on Friday, 28 November 2008.
The procedures proposed for the formal electronic vote are the following:
1. The list of nominated candidates will be provided with the statements provided from the candidates.
2. The ballot will list all the candidates names plus a choice of 'None of the Above'.
3. Councilors may vote no more than once each for up to two candidates or for None of the Above.
4. Weighted voting will apply.
5. The election period will end on Thursday, 4 December, at 18:00 UTC thereby allowing the Council to communicate the selected representatives to the Board one week prior to their meeting on 11 December 2008.
Note that the above allows Councilors to vote for two candidates, for one candidate or no candidates. If only one candidate is selected by a Councilor, that selection will only count as one vote (weighted if applicable) for that candidate; it would not be allowed to apply two votes to one candidate.
If anyone objects to this procedure or wants to suggest a modification, please communicate that NLT this coming Friday, 28 November.
In either of the above scenarios, Council will confirm the election of the representatives in the Council meeting on 18 December so that it is on the record.
Please note: the ballots will be sent from (tally at icann.org), so please watch your spam filters as well!
Thank you for your cooperation,
Glen de Saint Géry
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
More information about the council