[council] Declaration of interest regarding transfer of names from a de-accredited registrar

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Oct 1 03:47:31 UTC 2008

Hello All,

As John Jeffrey quite rightly points out it is possible (but hopefully
not likely) that my employer (Melbourne IT) is deaccredited as a
registrar and thus it could be perceived that I have a conflict of
interest in describing how the funds would be distributed.

My main point was that it is important that ICANN is not seen to have a
financial incentive to favour an auction process versus trying to find
the best party to be the new registrar.

I will not comment further on how any funds should be distributed.  I
was attempting to capture the ideas of others into a sentence for
section 6.2, rather than direct where funds should be distributed.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin