[council] RE: Declaration of interest regarding transfer of names from a de-accredited registrar

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Oct 1 04:00:43 UTC 2008

Hello All,

Whoops.  Sent my previous note to the wrong list.  I am in a Board
meeting, and there is discussion (agenda item 4) about the process for
transferring names from de-accredited registrars.

See: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-06jun08-en.htm

The staff proposal includes the option (in section 6.2) of using
auctions if ICANN is not otherwise able to select a new registrar.

I was just formally declaring, as is my practice, a possible conflict of
interest in the discussion.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin