[council] 16 October meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 9 15:34:18 UTC 2008

hi,

I wasn't sure where we were with that one?
Are we ready to vote? the motion needs to be edited from the last time
it was floated on 4 Sept.

Specifically:

-----

Motion on GNSO "Improvements" (tabled on 25 Jun 08, modified for 17
July, to be modified for 04 Sept or the mtg after)

Motion:
Second:

Whereas,

The ICANN Board in resolution 2008.02.15.03 directed the ICANN Staff
to "draft a detailed implementation plan in consultation with the
GNSO", and

That such a plan was developed by the Planning Team composed of staff
and GNSO members working jointly and in cooperation, and

That the ICANN board in resolution 2008.06.26.13, endorsed the
recommendations of the Board Governance Committee's GNSO Review
Working Group, and

That the ICANN board in resolution .....

Resolved:

The GNSO Council approves the Framework defined in GNSO Improvements –
Top Level Plan of 21 June 2008 prepared by the GNSO Improvements
Planning Team as documented in {file: GNSO
Improvements_top-level-plan_update-080521.pdf}and request that
constituencies and nomcom appointees begin the task of naming
representatives to serve in the two Standing Committees as defined in
the Top Level Plan by ---insert date here---

----

And is there someone who wants to make it and second it?

a.