[council] 16 October meeting

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Oct 9 17:00:22 UTC 2008

I will make the motion updated as follows:

Whereas:

 - The ICANN Board in resolution 2008.02.15.03 directed the ICANN Staff
to "draft a detailed implementation plan in consultation with the GNSO",

 - Such a plan was developed by the Planning Team composed of staff and
GNSO members working jointly and in cooperation

 - The ICANN board in resolution 2008.06.26.13 endorsed the
recommendations of the Board Governance Committee's GNSO Review Working
Group

 - The ICANN board in its meeting on 1 October 2008 approved resolutions
6 through 15 relating to the recommendations of the Board Governance
Committee GNSO Working Group and the specific topic of GNSO Council
Restructuring,

Resolved:

 - The GNSO will develop a plan for GNSO Council restructuring
implementation that is separate and distinct from the GNSO Improvements
Implementation Plan as direction in resolution 2008.10.01.15

 - The GNSO Council approves the Framework defined in the GNSO
Improvements Implementation Plan dated 24 September 2008 as prepared by
the GNSO Improvements Planning Team as documented in (insert document
location)

 - The GNSO Council requests that constituencies, NomCom appointees, the
ALAC and the GAC identify representatives to serve in the two Standing
Committees as defined in the Plan by 24 October 2008 if possible, but
not later than 31 October

 - Kickoff meetings of the Standing Committees be held during the ICANN
meetings in Cairo (1-7 October 2008) with teleconference capability for
any who may not be able to attend in-person.

[Note: I attached the Plan.]

Chuck