[council] ccNSO Liaison

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Oct 27 17:52:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have sent the letter to Chris, ccNSO chair, as approved in the last
meeting.

Additionally, I have received the name of one council member who is
interested in taking on this task.  I ask anyone else who wishes to be
considered to send me their name in the next 24 hours.    i will send
out the name of the candidates once the 24 hours period has ended.

As we discussed in the meeting, if I receive more then one name, I
will ask Glen to setup a formal vote.  If I only have one name, I will
ask for anyone who objects to the appointment of the named council
member to send me email indicating that objection.  If we have an
objection, then I will call for an election process on the single
individual where people will have the opportunity to vote for or
against that person.  Majority in favor will be required for
appointment in any election process.

thanks
a.