[liaison6c] Re: [council] Draft Revisions to the ICANN Bylaws Relating to GNSO Restructure

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Mon Apr 6 15:47:07 UTC 2009

In my view it is crucial that you are shown by staff that this is indeed
incorrect. Otherwise, we find ourselves in a situation, already suggested by
some on this thread, where staff are going further than just supporting the
Council in coming up with proposals, but are instead attempting to dictate
which proposals we should be coming up with.

I can only share your hope, Avri, that this is not the case. I agree that a
new draft of the proposed bylaws would clearly allay that fear.

Stéphane