[council] Travel support needed for Sydney

Mary Wong MWong at piercelaw.edu
Thu Mar 26 20:17:36 UTC 2009

Similarly, the NCUC intends to use its remaining slot and would also very much appreciate additional funding and support to ensure fuller non-commercial participation in Sydney. We therefore also support the use of residual DNSO funds.

As with the IPC, we also highlighted our difficulty in meeting the 6 April deadline while in Mexico. We look forward to further information and clarification from ICANN staff about possible flexibility around that date.

As such, except for saying NCUC would definitely appreciate additional assistance for Sydney, we are not at the moment able to break down the specific funding elements as Olga and the DT have requested. We will, of course, try to get that information to the DT as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong at piercelaw.edu
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584

>>> "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette at cov.com> 3/26/2009 3:32 PM >>>
The IPC intends to use the 3.5 travel supported slots, and may wish to have additional support to facilitate presentations and discussion on the IRT output.  We support the use of residual DNSO funds.

As to the type of assistance being requested, the IPC probably will not be able to provide that information by 27 March.  We have raised with ICANN staff the structural difficulty that the IPC will have in identifying travel support recipients by 6 April, namely, that the IPC amended its by-laws to have elections 30 days before the new Council is seated, that those elections have not occurred yet, and that they will not occur before April 6.  We have not yet received a response from ICANN staff as to whether there is any workaround to the April 6 deadline given our structural problem.