[council] ICANN Comment periods due soon after Seoul

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Oct 7 11:25:47 UTC 2009

Alan,

You make a very good point. In fact, it could be taken further with a
request for ICANN to attempt to spread the release of documents and reports
that are produced so that they don't all come out 2 weeks before each ICANN
meeting.

I know this point has been addressed before, and I know that ICANN staff are
operating under very difficult conditions with a huge amount of documents
and reports to process. But it is becoming increasingly difficult for the
community to be able to take the load. So when a large number of reports are
published in the run-up to a meeting, it just becomes impossible for people
to process and give them the attention they deserve.

If the 3 months in between each meeting could be used to spread the load a
little, I'm sure that would help.

Anyway, just to say that the registrars support your request re the comment
periods.

Stéphane