[council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate

Mary Wong MWong at piercelaw.edu
Fri Oct 16 04:18:17 UTC 2009

Hi

On Oct 15, 2009, at 3:56 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> Do other council members believe this needs to be a secret ballot?
I think that at a time when there seems to be a lot of mistrust amongst the ICANN community and. more importantly, when there are many new entrants/participants and Councillors, it's important to have complete transparency in the GNSO processes. As such, I don't support the idea of a secret ballot in this case.
Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law & Chair, IP Programs