[council] Board letter to GNSO Council

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Oct 21 10:02:22 UTC 2009


On behalf of the RrSG, please add myself, Adrian Kinderis and RrSG Treasurer
Jeff Eckhaus to this list.


Le 18/10/09 14:46, « Avri Doria » <avri at acm.org> a écrit :

> On 15 Oct 2009, at 14:23, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:
>> If we do decide to go for a DT,
> I think this is a good idea as a way to start and fits patterns that
> have proven successful in taking the first steps in recent efforts.
> I do not want to wipe the weekend end schedule for this, however, as
> we have a published agenda for the weekend and have people committed
> to those tasks who are planing to come to Seoul in time or those
> meetings.
> This does not minimize the importance of starting on the Board letter
> on Specific Trademark Issues (STI) and DAGv3 and that is why I think
> the suggestion about forming a DT a good idea.  Because of the press
> of time, we cannot wait for a meeting to do this.  So I am suggesting
> we start now.
> I propose forming a DT composed of participants each SG and the active
> Liaison groups who are willing to focus their time next week (perhaps
> even finding time for a teleconference) and  on the weekend to come up
> with a plan and start the work for the council to discuss/accept at
> the Wednesday open meeting and at the Thursday meeting.
> Unless there is strong objection from the members of the council, I
> ask each SG to name 2-3 members and the active ACSO liaison groups to
> name 1 representative each for the STI-DT  and ask Glen (or some
> member of staff who is not traveling at the moment) to set up a
> mailing list, with open archive, for that team immediately.  I think
> it is a good suggestion for those SGs that have members who were on
> the IRT as either members or observers to consider including them
> among the 2-3 volunteers.  I think the SGs should find people in the
> SG, not necessarily council members to populate these meeting - and
> recommend that the people doing this find alternatives to replace (at
> least temporarily) them in other other ongoing ICANN tasks (except of
> course for council membership).
> We do have some unused meting room space on Saturday (11am on), so I
> suggest we schedule this group consider an open meeting during this
> opne time.
> The topic has already been scheduled for the Wednesday open meeting
> (https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?agenda_28_oct_2009
> ), and has already been spoken of as the main topic for the Thursday
> meeting (https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?
> agenda_29_oct_2009).
> a.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2161 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20091021/6ea205ef/smime.p7s>

More information about the council mailing list