[council] Re: [offlist] Status/report from ACSO meeting

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Wed Sep 2 00:26:26 UTC 2009

While we're being candid and with the caveat that I am not addressing
the merits of the GAC request . . ..

I have a strong preference that the session - if it happens on Monday or
at all - focus on a substantive policy/Policy issue and, ideally, one in
which the ACSO participant organizations have at least some common
interest.  Do I think that it should be malicious conduct/consumer
protection?  Absolutely.  Does it have to be?  No.

We're all traveling too far and the F2F time is too valuable to spend it
on topics that can be handled effectively remotely.  In my view, the
topics from the Sydney ACSO meeting were just that.

My two cents.