[council] another suggestion for ACSO meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 22 10:20:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 22 Sep 2009, at 06:05, Stephvg2 wrote:

> I share Chuck's concerns. Seems like in attempting to find the least
> potentially controversial topic possible, the final result is a
> discussion around a topic that's already history.

I think the point is that it is not quite history.

The vote has yet to be taken by the Board, so this was seen as
offering a chance before that vote to make sure hat all that needed to
be said, has been said.  For example  in addition to reiterating any
current arguments about competition in IDN TLD between the Gs and CCs
in any of the fast track countries, people may even want to make new
points that come out of the recently released Root Study report(s)
about no TLDs, G or CC, going into the root until the DNSSEC process
has completed.  Or there may yet be discussions that have not yet
occurred.

In any case, I have already passed on the view held by some on the
council that the ACSO meetings are perhaps an experiment whose time
has come and gone.

But I will pass on the range of views I get from the council.

a.