[council] Motion re VRSN RSEP request

Adrian Kinderis adrian at ausregistry.com.au
Tue Apr 13 01:36:44 UTC 2010

I think you are confusing billing and registration.

The registration period must be a minimum of one year in the current Registry Systems.

How a Registrar charges for that is up to them (and indeed it appears some do it monthly)?

In the new gTLD world there may well be Registries that accept monthly registrations depending on their business models. They would need to determine appropriate policy and have it ratified with ICANN one would presume.

Thanks

Adrian Kinderis