[council] Motion for WHOIS Studies Funding for FY11

Adrian Kinderis adrian at ausregistry.com.au
Mon Apr 19 23:42:26 UTC 2010

Wolf et al,

What concerns me over the entire function of the Council is the fact that there is no budget associated with the policy development*.

The Work Prioritisation Team is about to present a prioritisation methodology and process that is unable to take into account the amount of staff time that is budgeted to support prioritised work.

This seems upside down or back-to-front or something.

How can we comment on funding for WHOIS studies when we have no visibility on how much it may impact our ability to have staff support other important areas of work?

*On a GNSO call a few months back I asked Denise explicitly if there was a budget for staff support of Policy Development. I was told directly and clearly that there is not.

Adrian Kinderis