[council] Surgery Update

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Dec 6 23:21:14 UTC 2010

The surgery was a success.  I have no more pain because the 12 mm stone
was broken up.  The doctor said it would be okay for me to travel back
to Cartagena tomorrow so International SOS is working on booking a
flight in the afternoon.

The surgery lasted about 90 minutes because of the size of the stone but
the doctor successfully did everything he planned.  They kept me in
recovery a lot longer than anticipated because my blood pressure stayed
elevated.  Not sure why because I normally do not have any blood
pressure problems.  I am back in my room now and my blood pressure is
perfect.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Chuck