[council] RE: reason for abstention

Mike Rodenbaugh icann at rodenbaugh.com
Fri Feb 19 15:50:04 UTC 2010

Thanks Glen, copying the Council as well.

I abstained from the vote on AoC RT selections due to the gender diversity
provisions, which I think are unfair and unnecessary.  ICANN is open to
everyone and always has been open to everyone.  So I see no reason why ICANN
should be promoting one group of people over any other, based solely on
irrelevant personal characteristics such as gender, race, religion or sexual
orientation, etc.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087