[council] RE: Vertical Integration PDP Decision

Adrian Kinderis adrian at ausregistry.com.au
Sun Jan 17 04:03:37 UTC 2010

Fellow Councillors,

After careful consideration of the Issues Report and ICANN Staff Recommendations, the Registrar Stakeholder Group would like to propose that a PDP not be initiated at this time.

The Registrar Stakeholder Group believes that this is not a matter of policy and that the ICANN staff should proceed to resolve this 'overarching issue' using the mechanisms of public input at ICANN staff's disposal in a timely fashion.

We understand that a PDP, perhaps conducted later, with tangible and actual data would be far better served in reviewing what may or may not be perceived as an issue. Those issues may then be dealt with individually or as a group through consideration of a dispute resolution process.

It is our opinion that ICANN staff have a handle on the issues and will be guided by Community feedback.

Thanks.

Adrian Kinderis