[council] Vertical Integration PDP Decision

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Jan 15 23:30:08 UTC 2010

Please note agenda item 2 for our 28 Jan Council meeting:

"Item 2: Decision regarding initiation of a PDP about vertical
separation of Registries and Registrars (30 minutes)

2.1 Refer to Issues Report on Vertical Integration:

http://gnso.icann.org/issues/vertical-integration/report-04dec09-en.pdf

2.2 Summary of and rationale for Issues Report recommendations (Margie
Milam)

2.3 Discussion

2.4 Motions "

It would greatly facilitate our discussion and action in the meeting if
there was some advance discussion about this topic in the next few days.

As everyone knows, the Issues report recommends that a PDP not be
initiated at this time.  Are Councilors and your respective groups
comfortable with this recommendation?  If not, would you recommend
initiating a PDP at this time?  Or would you recommend delaying the
decision again?

Whatever we decide, we need to prepare a motion or motions and post them
by next Wednesday, 20 January.

Chuck