[council] Joint ccNSO-GNSO IDN Working Group (JIG) membership

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Jan 21 22:07:55 UTC 2010

Regarding the following message that Glen sent to the Council list on 14 January, there has been one additional volunteer for the JIG: 'Karen Anne Hayne on behalf of the IPC (CSG)'.  In order to balance the GNSO participants across SGs, I recommend the JIG membership be as follows:

 GNSO JIG members
 	1. Edmon Chung, Co-Chair (RySG) - Approved by the Council on 3 Sep 09
 	2. Terry Davis (NomCom Appointee) - Approved by the Council on 3 Sep 09
	3. Stéphane van Gelder (RrSG) - Approved by the Council on 3 Sep 09
	4. Rafik Dammak (NCSG)
	5. Karen Anne Hayne (CSG)

 GNSO JIG observers
 	1. Avri Doria (NCSG) - Originally an ex-officio member as GNSO Council Chair
 	2. Chuck Gomes (Ex-Officio)

This would result in every SG being represented along with one NomCom Appointee.  It would also allow Avri to continue as an observer.

If anyone thinks that this should be changed in anyway, please communicate so not later than Wednesday, 27 January.  We will need to approve the members not yet approved in our meeting on 28 Jan.  If my recommendation is acceptable that would mean that we need to approve Rafik Dammak and Karen Anne Hayne as GNSO JIG members and Avri Doria as a GNSO JIG observer.

Chuck