[council] RE: Ooops....[Re: Draft Council letter on the ARR]

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Jan 29 13:58:09 UTC 2010

First of all, let's not submit the comments until we resolve this in
some way.

 I think there are three things we can do that I talk about below:

1.
	Submit the comments as is with the statement and the brackets
2.
	Remove the sentence from the comments
3.
	Leave the sentence but remove the brackets.

In our meeting yesterday, we approved the letter with the statement in
brackets, so we probably do not need any additional action to do option
1; if we do this we can literally leave it as is, which is what we
approved, or add a footnote to explain the brackets, maybe something
like this: "There was not unanimous support for including this
sentence."

If we choose options 2 or 3, I believe we should insert a footnote that
explains what was done and why.

The comments are due by 10 February, which is 8 days before our next
meeting, so we need to resolve this before then.  To get that process
started, it might help to get a sense of where varous Councilors are on
this. To do that, I would like to ask as many Councilors as possible to
respond on this list to the following:

*
	Which of the options do your prefer and why? (1, 2, 3, none)

Based on the responses received, we can then discuss how to reach final
resolution.

Whatever we do, I think it is important to understand that the bracketed
statement is accurate so it is not a matter of accuracy but rather a
matter of whether we want to say it or not.

Chuck