[council] Meeting Protocol for Brussels and beyond...

Caroline Greer cgreer at mtld.mobi
Thu Jun 3 14:27:45 UTC 2010

Adrian / all,

To chime in with the Registries' perspective on this issue, we feel
strongly that the weekend sessions should be open to everyone - after
all, these are 'GNSO sessions' and not 'GNSO Council sessions'. New TLDs
are very much a community issue and everyone should have a chance to
participate. If it's simply a matter of organization around fielding
comments, that's fine, but asking for some sort of exclusivity for
Councilors is a dangerous path. If that's the route we want to go down,
we'd want to be very sure that comments made by Councilors are a
reflection of their SG's views only and not personal views.

Asking members of the public to convey their questions and thoughts via
Councilors is neither practical nor justified.

Thanks,

Caroline.