[council] AoC RT Endorsement Process, Motion, and Amendments

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Jun 14 04:24:08 UTC 2010

All this makes me think that my understanding may be different than
everyone else.   I understood that endorsements by the SGs would remain
regardless of what the Council might do to improve diversity.  If the
Council was successful at gaining support for one or two candidates that
improved the diversity of the pool, then the pool of endorsed candidates
would increase to 5 or 6 depending on whether one or two additional
candidates were selected.  The difference as I understood it between
what Kristina proposed and the original procedure, which is apparently
wrong, was that the step in the original procedures the Council would
look at the full slate of candidates seeking GNSO endorsement while what
I thought Kristina suggested was that the Council would first look at SG
named alternates first and only if that was unsuccessful would they look
at the full slate of candidates seeking GNSO endorsement.

Chuck