[council] FW: Proposal to form a Joint ALAC - GNSO WG "to develop a sustainable approach to providing support to applicants requiring assistance in applying for and operating new gTLDs" in response to the ICANN Board Resolution 20 at the Nairobi Meeti

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sat Mar 20 11:56:46 UTC 2010

I had understood the motion to be referencing financial support.

But to me it really doesn't look like much of a solution. If the aim is to help applicants with lesser means, then this motion is so vague as to be totally moot. If the Board really has a desire to explore the possibility of catering to applicants with different financial profiles, I think we then spill into the notion of categories of applicants that the GAC has been pushing for and we then open up several new cans of worms that can only lead to more delays.

Just my personal five cents.

Stéphane