[council] RE: Agenda for GNSO Council Meeting 18 November 2010 at 11:00 UTC

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Tue Nov 16 13:52:27 UTC 2010

Good points Bill.  Because two candidate names were submitted, the RySG
faced the choice of making a decision quickly to accommodate a quick
replacement on the SSR RT as requested by the team or to develop a
process for endorsing one replacement and then implementing that
process.   The latter option would have taken three to four weeks at a
minimum and synching with a Council meeting would have likely delayed
providing a replacement on the RT at least until the Cartagena meeting.
As can be seen, we chose the faster solution.

Chuck