[council] Releasing RFP on a WHOIS Proxy/Privacy Relay and Reveal study today and update on Abuse study analysis

Liz Gasster liz.gasster at icann.org
Wed Sep 29 23:35:19 UTC 2010

All,

Later today we will be posting the attached Request For Proposal (RFP) terms of reference and cover letter inviting independent researchers to provide costs and feasibility to conduct a study on WHOIS that will analyze a sample of relay and reveal requests sent
for Privacy/Proxy-registered domain names to document how they are processed and identify factors that may promote or impede timely communication and resolution.  The study RFP will be announced on ICANN's home page and updated information will also be available here:  http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/.  The deadline for submissions is 30 November 2010.

The RFP Terms of Reference and cover letter are also attached for your reference.

While I had also hoped to complete the staff analysis on the WHOIS Proxy and Privacy "Abuse" study today, additional information was needed from both potential vendors which has delayed completion of our work.  I expect to complete our analysis in the next week or so.

Thanks, Liz