[council] Swap out Jordon for Singapore

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Thu Feb 17 17:45:01 UTC 2011

Cutting away to what I think was a fundamental point of Rafik's original
email - I'm hopeful that the announcement and additional information
ICANN plans to publish about the venue change will address concerns and
likely dismay amongst ICANN participants (especially newer ones) from
the Middle East about the decision to switch.

I agree that announcing the decision earlier rather than later is a
good thing, but I think we'll all agree that making known the reasons
for and considerations behind such a decision is also important in view
of ICANN's commitment to a global and diverse community.

I suggest we hold our questions until we get the formal announcement
and additional information.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584>>>