[council] Council/Chair interaction

Drake William william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Jan 20 10:19:43 UTC 2011

Hi

On Jan 20, 2011, at 4:28 AM, Rosemary Sinclair wrote:

> I'm not sure we've allowed enough time for people to properly consider this idea and reflect on other views

I am quite sure that we have not.  I'm just now seeing the thread; on Tuesday at 17:44 Stéphane wrote to the Council saying a list would be created, and by Wednesday 19:02 he was already declaring the list dead.  I hope that going forward decisions will not be taken on such a short time line based on just a couple of people's views.  We're spread out around the world in different time zones and sometimes people are actually offline or otherwise busy with non-Council matters.

I have no problem with a list as long as it's publicly archived and it's not about policy, and as a general matter think community members need to talk more to others outside their silos rather than less.

Best

Bill