[council] PROPOSED MOTION to Acknowledge Receipt of the final PDP-WT Report

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Wed Jun 1 11:04:34 UTC 2011

Thanks for your questions Stephane.  Please note that the latest redline of the report can be found at:  https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoppsc/2.+PDP-WT+Documents+%28Drafts+-+Published%29.  I have also enclosed a copy of our "Public Comments Review Tool" which shows summaries of the comments received and the PDP-WT's discussion of those items and where we came out on those issues.  I just realized the announcement did not link to these docs.  Perhaps we can add those?

With respect to your question on the existing threshold to approve a request for an issue report, the PDP-WT came to the conclusion that other than the clarification you cite below, we did not want to change any of the existing thresholds at this point in time as we felt like this should be addressed as part of the overall functioning of the GNSO during its next scheduled review.  Although certain members of the group had their own opinions as to whether these should be changed, the group ultimately felt like there was just not enough data on PDPs commenced under the new structure to make a good assessment as to whether they needed to be changed.  We added a couple of thresholds to cover things that were not previously addressed (like approval of a charter - which technically is not required now).

I hope that helps.
Jeffrey J. Neuman
Please note new address:  21575 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling VA 20166

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.