[council] NTIA letter to ICANN

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Fri Jun 17 09:56:36 UTC 2011

I agree we won't be in a position to respond at the moment, and
certainly not in the next week, but my thought was: (1) given that we'd
had a WG looking at the issue which reached no consensus, the Council as
managers could (should?) at least start a discussion as to whether or
not to re-open the issue within the GNSO community; and (2) in view of
its potential implications for the new gTLD program, if we do decide to
start discussing it, it might be useful to do so ahead of the special
Board meeting on Monday.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584>>>