[council] TR: Board meeting with GNSO Council - Sunday

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Thu Oct 20 13:52:20 UTC 2011

Dear Councillors,

As provided by Diane Schroeder, below  please find   the suggestions for topics of discussion with the Board on Sunday.  We have been asked to  provide the GNSO Council's topics as soon as possible.

Suggestions for topics from the Board:

·         The Council's view on the JAS report.

·         Update on WHOIS work and likely timeframes for any policy development

·         Update on discussions to define consumer trust and what is within scope for ICANN to improve.

·         Consequences of the New gTLDs program on the GNSO organization?

·         What qualities do you think we ought to be seeking in a new CEO? what are your criteria for openness, transparency, etc. in the hiring process, bearing in mind considerations of responsibility to candidates and community, privacy, Board confidence, etc.

·         - as we work to develop ethics guidelines, what are your top 3 concerns and proposals to address them ( within the confines of the multistakeholder, voluntary participation model)?

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen

Glen de Saint Géry