[council] Motion to delay thick WHOIS PDP

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Wed Apr 11 15:32:31 UTC 2012

Dear Stéphane & fellow councillors,

We have today discussed this motion during the course of the Registries SG
meeting.

A concern was expressed and discussed in some detail about the reason for
delay and directly linking a PDP process (on Thick WHOIS) with contractual
negotiations (on .com).

The PDP process and the contractual negotiation processes are essentially
distinct and separate processes.

Therefore, I’d like to propose a friendly amendment to modify the motion in
order to deal with this concern.

I have attached suggested re-wording of the motion to accommodate this
concern.

Best wishes,

Jonathan