[council] JAS WG

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Apr 25 10:12:18 UTC 2012

All,

This message is meant as a heads-up to you and a primer for one of the discussions we will have during our next Council meeting.

The JAS WG has been added to our agenda for that meeting.

As a reminder, we passed a resolution in September 2011 asking the JAS WG to remain on call to review the outcome of the ICANN implementation of its recommendations (resolution 20110922-5 http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201109).

As part of that process, ICANN staff has reached out to the group to invite members of the JAS WG to have an active role in the design of the Support Applicant Review Panel (SARP).

As we are now deep in the first new gTLD application window and implementation of the JAS recommendations, I have asked Staff to provide an update to us on the JAS WG.

So as a prelude to that update, should any Councillors have any questions on the JAS WG, please post them to this list so that Staff can pick up on them and hopefully address them in their presentation.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France