[council] ICANN Academy message

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu May 10 19:45:06 UTC 2012

All,

As mentioned during our meeting today, I would like to write down a few baseline points to take to the Icann academy WG as being Council positions or items on which the Council is comfortable it wants answers for.

To get this started, here are my suggestion. Please comment, add or edit as required.

Message 1 to the WG: There should be no discussions on a possible curriculum until there has first been discussion (and consensus among the different community reps in the WG) on whether the academy itself should be created.
GNSO sub-message to message 1:  The GNSO Council agrees the concept of an academy to help newcomers get to grips with the ICANN world is a good idea. But there needs to be clear guidelines on finance, budget and implementation.

Message 2 to the WG: Once it has been determined that the concept of an academy is one that should be pushed forward, is willing to provide background material and support in helping academy attendees understand the intricacies of the GNSO and welcomes any suggestions from the WG on what type of material is needed.

Please let me have other suggestions. Thanks.

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France