[council] RE: Draft Motion and Updated Final Issue Report on the Protection of the Names of International Organizations in New GTLDs

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Fri Oct 12 01:59:38 UTC 2012

Joy,

I am not sure I understand your question.  The IOC and Red Cross are not IGOs or even necessarily International Organizations. So I felt like we needed to include them by name in case one considered them excluded because they did not fit neatly into those definitions.    So, my intent (maybe it was poorly worded) was to include those 2 groups, not to the exclusion of others, but to make sure they were covered in the PDP if one did not consider those 2 groups either an IGO or INGO.

Perhaps there is better wording for my concern and I would welcome any friendly amendments to that end.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs