[council] Action items from the GNSO Council meeting on 14 February 2013

Mason Cole mcole at 5x5com.com
Fri Feb 15 19:18:42 UTC 2013

Petter --

I can help with that.  You may recall that the council investigated a PDP but ultimately decided to reserve resources for such a PDP for other work, since the matter could be dealt with more effectively by registrars communicating to relevant law enforcement (particularly in North America).  Since that time I have been collecting from registrars examples of fake renewal notices, which I will provide to the attorney that works with our SG -- she will help us submit them to the FTC in the US and other relevant law enforcement and consumer protection agencies.

I realize it's been a while since the council has been updated on this, but I want to make sure we have as complete a case as possible when we approach the authorities.  I anticipate doing so shortly and will of course update the council when that step is complete.

Hope that helps.

Mason