[council] GNSO Council Action Items 31 October 2013

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Fri Nov 1 09:18:27 UTC 2013

Dear Councillors,

Please find the action items from the GNSO Council call on Thursday, 31 November 2013.

Item 2: Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action List

Action item:
Remove BGC Recommendation on Reconsideration Request 13-3 from the Action Item list<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items>
Item 4: MOTION - To approve a charter for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group
Action Item:
Motion withdrawn
The Charter Drafting Team (DT) that developed the Charter for the PDP Working Group on the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information is encouraged to revise the charter with the focus on the scope of the charter and not the outcome of the Policy Development Process.
Item 5: MOTION - Adoption of the Thick Whois Policy Development Process Final Report<http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois/thick-final-21oct13-en.pdf> and Recommendations
Action Item:
Submit the Thick Whois Final Report and recommendations to the ICANN Board of Directors.

Item 6: MOTION - To approve a charter for the Standing Committee on GNSO Improvements Implementation (SCI)

Action Item
GNSO Council decided to wait to appoint a liaison until after the new Council is seated in Buenos Aires.

Item 7: MOTION - A charter for the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation PDP WG

Action Items:
Staff to issue Call for volunteers for the RAA Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working Group.
Maria Farrell volunteered as the GNSO Council liaison to the RAA Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working Group (WG).
Item 8: INPUT & DISCUSSION - Prospective improvements to the Policy Development Process

Action Item:
Experiment with the suggestions to streamline and improve the Policy Development Process as per the table of prospective PDP Improvements<http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/pdp-improvements-table-25oct13-en.pdf> and if they prove to be effective refer such improvements to the Standing Committee on GNSO Improvements Implementation for them to become part of the GNSO Operating Procedures.
Item 9: DISCUSSION - Policy issues surrounding string confusion
Action Item:
In light of the response received from the New gTLDs committee http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg15094.html the item is considered closed.
Item 10: UPDATE & DISCUSSION - Protection of IGO-INGO Identifiers in all gTLDs Policy Development Process

Action Item
Encourage Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups to inform themselves on the recommendations and be well prepared for a potential vote in Buenos Aires.

Item 11: UPDATE & DISCUSSION - Planning for Buenos Aires

Action Item:

·       Proposed that the ATRT2 meeting be scheduled in the second part of the Council meeting from 15:00 -16:30

·       Maria Farrell and Marika Konings to work on the preparation for this meeting and share discussion on the Council list

·       Jonathan Robinson:

                  - formally invite the constituency and stakeholder group chairs to the GNSO weekend working sessions in Buenos Aires
                  - inform the constituency and stakeholder group chairs that there will be no updates at the Council meeting but encourage written  submissions
                  - formally invite the constituency/stakeholder group chairs to participate in part of the New Council induction session on Friday 22 November 2013

The transcript, Adobe chat transcript and the MP3 are published on page:

Adobe chat transcript

MP3 recording

Please let me know if I have left out anything out.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20131101/266d772f/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list