[council] Questions for the ICANN Board

Zahid Jamil zahid at dndrc.com
Sun Nov 17 16:24:19 UTC 2013

The title on the Ministry website doesn't say 'Summit' but the Brazilian govt has in meetings I attended stated that the President wants this to be a Summit level (by whatever name called) event.

They have also clearly and openly stated that they want decisions which will hen be taken to other forums for implementation.

And stated that the 'equitable redistribution of internet resources' will be a main theme.

Also they are clear that their motivation is Espionage issues.

No statement by them subsequent to that has stated that this intent has changed.  Unless there is a Brazilian govt statement that contradicts these these remain their positions.

Best regards,

Zahid Jamil
Barrister-at-law
Chair
Domain Name Dispute Resolution Center
www.dndrc.com

Jamil & Jamil
Barristers-at-law
Suites 219-221 Central Hotel Annexe, Merewether Road, Karachi.
Suite No 12, First Floor, Rehman Arcade, Aabpara Market, Islamabad.
Cell: +923008238230
Tel: +92 213 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
Fax: +92 213 5655026
www.jamilandjamil.com

Notice / Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and its contents are being communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may contain/are the intellectual property of DNDRC/Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law, and constitute privileged information protected by attorney client privilege. The reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of DNDRC/Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.

Sent from my iPad