[council] FW: [Soac-infoalert] ICANN Begins Transition To New Website | ICANN - WEBINAR Thursday, 24 April at 18:00 UTC on the new ICANN.org

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Sat Apr 19 09:26:12 UTC 2014

From: soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org
[mailto:soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of David Olive
Sent: 18 April 2014 09:34
To: soac-infoalert at icann.org
Subject: [Soac-infoalert] ICANN Begins Transition To New Website | ICANN -
WEBINAR Thursday, 24 April at 18:00 UTC on the new ICANN.org

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-17apr14-en.htm

Click here to visit the new ICANN website  <http://new.icann.org> >

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) today
announced the beginning of a transition to a new ICANN.org website.

"We had three objectives for the new site: improve transparency of ICANN by
making information easier to find, make it effortless for people to join the
community and engage in the work, and lastly, to continue to support the
established community with new tools," said Chris Gift, Vice President of
Online Community Services.

"The new site is intended to allow those new to the organization to discover
ICANN, the work being done and our role in the Internet governance
ecosystem, as well as to allow those same people the opportunity to get
involved in the ICANN community," said Gift. "With easier navigation,
improved access to information, and new tools we can better support the
organization's policy discussions. These new stakeholders and the
established community have a site that is easier to navigate with accessible
information and tools to support the organization's policy discussions."

Over the coming days, a percentage of ICANN.org users will be redirected to
the new site and as the next two weeks progress, the number of users
redirected will increase until all users are sent directly to the new site.

"We have thought through the process and we're being cautious in the way we
move forward," said Chris Gift. "We will increase the amount of traffic to
the new site roughly every other day until we are fully crossed over."

The new website was launched in beta relatively early in its development to
encourage the ICANN community to become part of the development process.
ICANN's development team adopted agile and lean development practices
throughout the building stage &ndash where ideas were built then tested by
users and their feedback fuelled the next iteration.

Please join Chris Gift and Anil Podduturi, Principal at Neo, on Thursday, 24
April at 18:00 UTC for a demonstration of the new ICANN.org. The public
webinar will also include a Q&A session at the end.

David A. Olive

Vice President, Policy Development Support
General Manager, ICANN Regional Headquarters -Istanbul

Direct Line: +90.212.381.8727

Mobile:       + 1. 202.341.3611

Email:  david.olive at icann.org

www.icann.org