[council] Second Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT 2) Final Report & Recommendations

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Fri Feb 21 13:04:25 UTC 2014

hi all,

i agree Maria.  i had a go at adding another paragraph to our response to Rec #10.3 and have attached the revised draft.  but to save you time, here’s the language i inserted

"The ATRT2 report documents how a very small group of dedicated volunteers carry an extraordinary proportion of the working-group load and correctly identifies this as a major concern.  We note that simply increasing the pool of people aware of and in some way engaged with ICANN should not be viewed as the goal.  Ultimately what is needed is a larger and more diverse group of active and effective participants in PDP working groups.  Although outreach is an important part of the effort and crucial for bringing newcomers to ICANN, the path to this goal should not end at simply recruiting a large diverse group of people.  Rather, there needs to be a clear and well-supported progression for newcomers to gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to broaden the ranks of active PDP participants and leaders.”

happy to consider revisions.

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)