[council] Personal submission to Public Comment on Board member compensation

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Thu Jun 5 09:50:42 UTC 2014

Thanks Alan,

Thoughtful submission.

A point for the record, in case another inference is taken from the below,
the GNSO Chair receives no compensation for the role.

There is one distinction made with regard to travel support in that flights
funded are in business not economy class, so to that extent, there is a
benefit.

As far as I am aware, that is the only such distinction afforded in support
of the chair.

As for commitment, it is indeed sizeable.  I would say it would be difficult
to do a thorough job (in the Chair) without committing 50% of one's time to
the role. Often more.

Jonathan