[council] FW: Specification 13 : Letter to the GNSO

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-Systems.net
Thu May 8 13:03:50 UTC 2014

Hello,

the registrars are also still not in favor. To enable us to move ahead,
we will be providing possible amendment language later today.

The implications of "waving through" what essentially amounts to
violations of standing policy recommendations should be carefully
considered lest "backdooring" around the established processes to
achieve the desired goals becomes the norm.

While there are certainly good arguments in favor of the basic intent of
the proposed exemption in these specific circumstances we cannot ignore
the process. I would also agree that maybe we need a faster way to
resolve these issues in the future, currently we are bound by the
policy-making tools we have at our disposal.

Best,

Volker